Sunday 9 September 2012

Day 1: Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser and Toning Lotion both for Combination or Oily Skin


Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser and Toning Lotion both for Combination or Oily Skin
After pretty much careless (when it comes to skin care) summer I decided it is time to invest in a new, decent skin care regime. And it has to be effective. After years of fighting with my oily and prone to blemishes skin I finally want to find something worth investing my money in.
Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser and Toning Lotion both for Combination or Oily Skin
I have never tried Clarins before so when I wanted to purchase products from their range I did some research on the internet first, read some reviews and made a decision I will give it a go. At that price point (£17.50 for each, but you can get them 15% cheaper at feelunique.com while they are having a sale) I am expecting decent results.

The first of two products I decided to buy is Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind and Purifying Micro-Pearls for Combination or Oily Skin. I love foaming cleansers and I actually prefer them to milk ones. The packaging is okay I mean it’s not like it has to beautifully packaged or something. It needs to be practical and it is. The application is very easy: you just squeeze a pea amount of product onto your hand and lather with a little water; then apply to your skin ideally with circular movements and rinse well. The lather is very silky and it smells gorgeous!... The first impression is that this product is indeed very good to clean your face. My skin felt fresh and REALLY cleaned. Like squeaky cleaned. Loved that feeling. Anyway, we will see how it performs in 3, 7 days and 4 weeks time.
 Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser for Combination or Oily Skin

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser for Combination or Oily Skin
The second one I purchased is Toning Lotion with iris (alcohol free) for combination or oily skin. Again the packaging is fine, not too bulky just nice and sleek and it fits perfectly into my bathroom cabinet! The application is easy as well although there is a slight risk that you might waste some of the lotion by moving the bottle too much upwards and spilling some of it on the floor. (As opposed to pump applicators where getting into that situation is virtually impossible) It also smells lovely and my skin felt fresh and cleaned after I used both the cleanser and the toning lotion. So, first impression is that it’s a great product! I will update you on the performance in 3, 7 days and 4 weeks time.
Clarins Hydra-Matte Lotion for Combination Skin
I also received free sample of Clarins Hydra-Matte Lotion for Combination Skin, which I am not really impressed with. It is not a bad product but it just does not do what it is supposed to do for me. It is moisturising and supposed to NOT make your skin look shiny but it does. After about half and hour my forehead, nose and chin was back to normal (shiny). It has a nice thin texture so not too overwhelming for oily areas but unfortunately I won’t be purchasing this in a full sized version. A.

No comments:

Post a Comment