Friday 27 April 2012

Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color In Punch Drunk



Punch Drunk is one of seven available shades of High Gloss Lip Color from Urban Decay. I must say I first fell in love with the brand when I bought some of their eye shadows. And now I love it even more for their beautiful Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Colors. 
Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Punch Drunk

I chose Punch Drunk as I thought it was a great colour for the summer and it especially would go well with a bit of tan – what we all wish for during the summer months! I would describe it as spicy orange – an orange shade with a hint of red. Punch Drunk is a very bright, completely opaque and shiny lip color with a bit of shimmer in the formula. It’s not as shiny as the title suggests (high gloss) but it’s definitely on the shiner side (more like a shiny lipstick than a lipgloss). It’s very soft and feels creamy when applying to the lips. It’s not as enjoyable as new Revlon Lip Butters (look below – I totally fell for them) but it still feels lovely. The colour pay off is absolutely great (same when it comes to their eye shadows!) and it stays on for quite a while – about 4-6 hours.
I think the closest high-street match I own is Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Lipstick in Orange Punch except the fact that it’s slightly lighter and less red. It also isn’t shimmery.
READ MORE:
 Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Lip Color in Punch Drunk - without flash

 Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Lip Color in Punch Drunk - with flash
Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Lip Color in Punch Drunk - without flash (top) and with flash (bottom)
In general I love the idea of a lip colour in a pencil because I think it’s easier to apply that way and you have more freedom to your hand movements so you can be more precise. What I don’t like is that you waste quite a lot of product by sharpening it. And it’s a quite expensive product to not feel sad about that fact. That’s the downside of having a lip colour in a pencil form but I guess you can’t have everything.

Overall, I really like it and will think of purchasing other shades as well. It feels comfortable, it looks like high-end product, it’s very pigmented and it’s portable – except from the sharpening issue, what else could you wish for? (well, maybe lower price but that’s just me being fussy). A.

No comments:

Post a Comment