Monday, 7 May 2012

L’Oreal Color Riche Nail in Perle De Jade

First of all, I have to say say L’Oreal Color Riche Nails have a beautiful colour range, there is so much to choose from and all shades are very pleasing to the eye. Almost sophisticated I’d say. I rested my eyes on Perle De Jade, Ingenuous Rose and Dating Coral (posts to follow) and decided to go for it as the offer 3 for 2 (Boots) was still on.



Perle De Jade is a pastel blue-ish shade of mint green. The packaging is quite cute, as it is small and handy. And I love the golden top I think it makes it look more elegant.
READ MORE:

Perle De Jade is easy to apply, the texture is great although (like some) I find it a little bit streaky when applying first coat (on a top of base coat). The trick is to apply a generous amount of nail polish evenly to avoid any streaks. But I’d still recommend two coats for a truly opaque finish. The brush itself is great. It’s wide, nicely rounded and it fits the nails just perfect (meaning that you don’t have to put a lot of effort to apply to every corner of you nails).
 Perle De Jade without flash (two coats)
Perle De Jade with Flash (two coats)
The finish is very shiny and creamy although it took quite a while to dry completely (maybe because is gel based?). The lasting power is about 3 days with a topcoat but bare in mind I do chip my nails quite easily so some people might get better results.
Perle De Jade (one coat)
I found a few similar nail shades in my always-expanding collection to Perle De Jade (pictured below): Models Own Nail Polish in Jade Stone, Collection 2000 in Mint Mojo, Revlon Nail Enamel in Minted and Revlon Nail Enamel in Blue Lagoon (this shade is much more blue and shimmery but I still found it quite similar to Perle De Jade).


L to R: Perle De Jade, Jade Stone, Mint Mojo, Minted, Blue Lagoon
Overall, I think Perle De Jade is a great little nail varnish (holiday-friendly) and I will definitely purchase more of their colours in the near future (just waiting for their 3 for 2 offer to be back on).
Price: £4.99/5 ml

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete